Monday 21 January 2019

Eliminating Slack as a Distractions to Work Better – Joe Casabona


One of my goals is to read 21 books this year, and I’m doing super well so far. After finishing the super dense (and very thought provoking) Homo Deus, I’m flying through It Doesn’t Have to be Crazy at Work. While the hubris of Jason Fried drives me crazy, I’ve read all of his and DHH’s books, and they’ve all been excellent. So I suppose the hubris is well-deserved. In any case, I’m almost done with that book and I’ve decided to take my first action: turning off Slack notifications. Slack Kills Productivity
This might sound crazy to people in my space, as Slack has become the de-facto standard for communication for the lot of us. But it’s also a HUGE distraction. In the book, Fried and DHH talk about how distractions kill productivity, and just because I’m not in an office, I’m not immune. Slack makes it very easy for people to take you out of the moment – it’s the virtual knock on the door and, “hey you have a minute?”
I should note that they don’t call anyone out by name, but I’ve definitely felt like they were talking to specific people or companies at certain points.
Slack Creates
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/18316/eliminating-slack-as-a-distractions-to-work-better-joe-casabona



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2019/01/21/eliminating-slack-as-a-distractions-to-work-better-joe-casabona/

No comments:

Post a Comment