Wednesday 21 December 2016

One Sure-Fire Way to Improve Your Coding


Editor’s Note: I originally wrote this for Fuel Your Coding back in May of 2010. Unfortunately, that site is now defunct, so I’m republishing the article here for posterity’s sake1. I considered updating it for modern times, but I think it holds up well enough as is. The parts that don’t hold up are a bit laughable, but oh well. Enjoy! The most obvious way to improve your coding is to write more code. Everybody knows that. However, another activity which I guarantee will improve your coding is the complete opposite of writing. I will state this as plainly as I possibly can:
If you want to dramatically increase your programming skills you need to be reading other people’s code.
Maybe you believe that, maybe you don’t. You should. And if you’re willing to give it a shot, I believe you will be rewarded greatly for your time.
In this article I will help you choose what to read and give you practical advice on how to go about reading it. If you’re already a code reader you may find a few ways to get more from your efforts. If you aren’t, you absolutely must read on.
What to Read
This is a big decision, and one that is difficult to advise on. I won’t simply
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/14061/one-sure-fire-way-to-improve-your-coding




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2016/12/21/one-sure-fire-way-to-improve-your-coding/

No comments:

Post a Comment