Friday 30 December 2016

When You Need Solid Search Results On Your WordPress Site, SearchWP


For as long as I have had a blog, I have recognized the importance of a good search mechanism. But as the library grew bigger and the content became more diverse, it was even more critical. And even with the improvements in the default WordPress search, I still wasn’t happy with them. I needed more control. Then recently I was helping someone with a few things on their site and they also shared their disappointment in the WordPress search. Of course this wasn’t the first time I had heard this.
Now, in all fairness, I did try a couple of free plugins. But neither really did the job as well as I had wanted. So some time ago, when SearchWP came into play, well, I had the chance to try it out. And I have been hooked ever since.
What you need to remember is you will have your own specific search needs. They may not seem that big, but yet, they are. At times, it can be overwhelming and you don’t think there is a solution. SearchWP has always worked no matter what our needs were as our site morphed over the years.
SearchWP Settings
As you can see, by default, you will get posts, pages and media. Also included on my site are products. You are also able to add any custom fields
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/14109/when-you-need-solid-search-results-on-your-wordpress-site-searchwp




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2016/12/31/when-you-need-solid-search-results-on-your-wordpress-site-searchwp/

No comments:

Post a Comment