Wednesday 17 May 2017

I’m David Bisset – Freelancer & WordCamp Organizer – Ask Me Anything


Born and raised in South Florida, I started coding when i was in Elementary school on an Apple IIe with Apple BASIC and I haven’t looked back since. When I moved to ASP.net to PHP, it didn’t me long to find myself using Movable Type as my first CMS. But after tackling enough client projects, I moved to WordPress around version 1.5 and haven’t looked back since. Along with WordPress in general, I have a particular love for BuddyPress and have been using that since it’s pre-beta days.

I also helped start WordCamp Miami, one of the longest running WordCamps. I’ve been involved with every WCMIA which has been going on for almost 10 years non-stop (we’re just about the longest in terms of consecutive years). We’ve been honored to either start trends (like Learn JavaScript Deeply tracks or certain swag) or help make existing trends more popular (BuddyCamps, Kids Camps, etc.) We are also among the largest in North America with recent attendance topping 850. I am an official mentor of other WordCamps and also have been helping run my local WordPress meetups for a number of years. Not to mention other meetups/events I help out with.

I’ve done work with numerous startups and businesses. I currently work at Awesome Motive where i’m involved in building great WordPress plugins, particularly Envira Gallery. I love it there.

Aside from technology, I’m 40, have been married 15+ years, and have three beautiful daughters (thankfully my wife’s DNA mostly prevailed).

I love pizza, Star Trek, MST3K, and if you see me at a WordPress event bug me for some swag because heaven knows i am still trying to get rid of all of it from past WordCamps.

Ask me anything!
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/15143/i-m-david-bisset-freelancer-wordcamp-organizer-ask-me-anything




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/05/17/im-david-bisset-freelancer-wordcamp-organizer-ask-me-anything/

No comments:

Post a Comment