Wednesday 13 March 2019

Segmenting Subscribers: Why You Need to and Where to Start


You’ve heard the term and you probably have a basic understanding of what it means to segment your subscribers. This is one of those things that I’ve been aware of for a long time, but I didn’t really understand the power in it until the last few years when I started running Facebook ads.
It was the first time I had heard the term retargeting. If you haven’t run paid ads you’re probably not familiar with this from the advertisers perspective, but as a consumer, you’re hit with it every day all day when you’re online. Here’s a perfect example of how retargeting works:
This morning I got an email (newsletter) from a friend of mine. He mentioned a planner he uses called ‘The Productivity Planner’. I hadn’t seen it before (we’ve been inundated with physical planners for the last couple of years. There’s pretty much a plethora to choose from to keep you on task). I clicked through to see what it was (I had seen it) and within about 2 hours I saw an ad on Facebook in my newsfeed for the Productivity Planner.
Pretty powerful stuff.
Here are a better explanation and diagram of what retargeting is from Retargeter.com:
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/18447/segmenting-subscribers-why-you-need-to-and-where-to-start



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2019/03/13/segmenting-subscribers-why-you-need-to-and-where-to-start/

No comments:

Post a Comment