Friday 5 April 2019

On Behavior and Respect


I’ve had an interesting week with WordPress. It’s been bad enough that I have to preface this post with a note. I have no plans to quit WordPress at this time.
This morning, I woke up thinking about a statement I picked up from Wikipedia. Assume good faith. I like that. I try to do it. The concept is simple and direct. Don’t assume everyone’s evil, instead assume they do mean well, but sometimes they may have trouble expressing it properly.
And while I do believe that most people don’t mean to be evil (there are exceptions…), I think that more people remain concerned about themselves over anything else. And this self-involved nature causes problems like happened recently, with choices certain companies made to self-promote in ways that other people found offensive and harmful.
So when I think about ‘good faith’ I do it with a look back to the previous actions someone (an individual or a company) has taken. How have they behaved before? Have they constantly shown poor choices? Is this a first? What happened the last time I tried to talk to them about it? Did we have a discussion? Did I get 15 emails in a row, alternately being called names
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/18515/on-behavior-and-respect



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2019/04/05/on-behavior-and-respect/

No comments:

Post a Comment