Tuesday 2 April 2019

Tom McFarlin Joins WebDevStudios


What seems like an April Fool’s Day joke, certainly is not. It’s true, folks. Tom McFarlin, longtime WordPress community leader, WordCamp speaker, and the person behind Pressware, has joined WebDevStudios (WDS) as a Senior Backend Engineer. (Pause for response.)
To set the record straight, Tom took some time during his first day of on-boarding at WDS and shared the story behind what propelled him to make this surprising career move and offered advice to anyone thinking about doing the same.
WDS: Hi, Tom. Welcome to your first day at WDS! What prompted your decision to make this big change in your career?
Tom: For the majority of the time I’ve worked with WordPress, I’ve known that I wanted to make a career out of it. In terms of how, though, I wasn’t sure.
Over the past few years of building custom solutions for small businesses and individuals, I wanted to begin applying much of that knowledge and increase my learning and experience in an enterprise setting with a great team who also allow me to pursue interests both inside the company and out.
This means that I can still moonlight on WordPress projects that are pertinent to Pressware, but I can focus
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/18502/tom-mcfarlin-joins-webdevstudios



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2019/04/02/tom-mcfarlin-joins-webdevstudios/

No comments:

Post a Comment