Monday 1 April 2019

On Health, WordPress and a Tough Decision – Carole Olinger


Earlier this year, I had to take a tough decision. It took me quite a while and I had to do a lot of introspective work but I have decided to stop my activities as a WordPress Community Manager for Plesk, a job that I’ve always been doing with a lot of passion and joy. My contract ended on March 31st.
Also, I will refrain from all contributio ns inside the WordPress project, as I have started to do already in the past few months.
And here are the two main reasons why:
Physical and mental health
As a few of you might already know because I happen to be very open about some health issues I have to deal with, I suffer from lipedema. If you like, you can read more about my personal lipedema story here.
After having been through three surgeries in 2016 and 2017, I had almost two painless years. Unfortunately, the disease stroke back a few months ago: I have to deal with water retentions and constant pain again. Wearing a tight compression garment has become inevitable, same as lymphatic drainage two to three times a week. Two more surgeries got planned for 2019. I will probably have to fight in court once more for my therapy.
Having to deal with the disease, its therapy and the fight
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/18497/on-health-wordpress-and-a-tough-decision-carole-olinger



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2019/04/01/on-health-wordpress-and-a-tough-decision-carole-olinger/

No comments:

Post a Comment