Monday 27 August 2018

10 Bootstrapping Lessons from the Creator of Managed WordPress Hosting – Indie Hackers


12 years ago, my talented wife and I had an idea for something known today as “Managed WordPress Hosting.” Yes, I’m half of the inventor of managed WordPress hosting, which is now a multi-billion dollar hosting channel, and you’ve likely never heard of me.
That’s because Pagely, the managed WordPress company I co-founded isn’t venture funded, and it’s not on Fortune’s list of billion-dollar unicorns. We were then, and still are very much today – Indie Hackers.
While the lack of fame and community back-pats can get under my skin, it has far from deterred me, because Pagely is very much an anomaly, in the sense that the business employs dozens of highly skilled and engaged employees and spins off ample cash — from real paying customers.
My wife and I own 85% of the company and the other 15% is optioned to our employees. We’re also debt free, and we’re proud to say revenue has grown year-over-year (YoY) since launch.
So if you’re looking for a post about growth hacking your way to TechCrunch (closest we ever got to TC was a 1 sentence mention in a competitor’s featured PR gush piece) or securing millions in outside
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/17796/10-bootstrapping-lessons-from-the-creator-of-managed-wordpress-hosting-indie-hackers



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2018/08/27/10-bootstrapping-lessons-from-the-creator-of-managed-wordpress-hosting-indie-hackers/

No comments:

Post a Comment