Tuesday 28 August 2018

10 Reasons to Use WordPress for a University Website


Seven years ago, the first job where I used WordPress for a university website was actually while I was still in college. I was a work-study hire and responded to a job ad from a technical writer in the business college looking for someone to help her build a website. Thankful to find a job doing what I did best, I applied and started the next week. Tasked with helping someone who knew very little about HTML, JavaScript, CSS, or web programming languages build a university website was a bit daunting. We had a big project ahead of us, but I knew exactly what would help… WordPress!
I had used WordPress for some personal projects in the past because I found it easy to use, build on, and maintain. Back then, WordPress was a content management system (CMS) built just for bloggers and powered very few sites that weren’t blogs. But even back then, I knew WordPress could accomplish more than just blogging.
WordPress now powers over 30% of the web, including more than just your average blog. That’s because the way that WordPress is built, you can do almost anything with it, from blogging, to pages, eCommerce sites—really anything you can dream up. WordPress has continued
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/17806/10-reasons-to-use-wordpress-for-a-university-website



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2018/08/28/10-reasons-to-use-wordpress-for-a-university-website/

No comments:

Post a Comment