Tuesday 28 August 2018

What Can A Developer Really Get Out of a WordCamp?


Up until recently I’d attended only four WordCamps in my time in the WordPress community. And although I generally enjoyed each one, I came away feeling that WordCamps weren’t that beneficial — for developers. A lot of the talks were aimed at non-developers (the WordPress community of course includes more than just us devs) and even the developer-focused talks I attended were often not advanced or substantial enough to feel that I gained anything from them. Some of our developer team shared the same opinion after attending WordCamps in Miami and Vienna as part of our annual retreats and even deliberately organized the last two without a WordCamp to attend as a result.
However, after over two years of not attending a WordCamp, I recently made the trip to sunny Brighton in the UK, for this year’s WordCamp Brighton and had perhaps the most fulfilling WordCamp yet.
Let me tell you why I’ve changed my mind and why I now believe WordCamps hold great value for developers.
Why I Thought WordCamps Didn’t Work For Devs
WordCamps are a very different kind of conference. They are unique in many ways, from the low ticket prices, to the diverse range of talk topics.
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/17802/what-can-a-developer-really-get-out-of-a-wordcamp



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2018/08/28/what-can-a-developer-really-get-out-of-a-wordcamp/

No comments:

Post a Comment