Monday 14 May 2018

5 Things I Learned Building my First Gutenberg Blocks Plugin


Over the last few months I’ve watched as Gutenberg has been developed, silently taking notes, watching for patterns and possible areas to excel in. Then I found that the domain Pillar.Press was available and it snapped me into action.
You see, for about 6 months I’ve had the name Pillar saved as a name idea for a headless WordPress theme I wanted to create.
Last September, Todd Motto passed the HTML5Blank theme to me to take over development for.
It hasn’t received much in the way of updates over the past few years, but it has a strong following.
I’ve cleaned it up a bit and launched a new landing page, but it’s code is so far behind WordPress standards I figure a fresh start was needed.
The plan was to use the name Pillar as the “refreshed” theme.
Well, that’s got a new plan, because after a random search in Namecheap showed the Pillar.Press domain was available, the Pillar name is now being used for the custom Gutenberg blocks I’m building.
Building Blocks with Pillar Press
If what they say is true, and Gutenberg is the future of WordPress, my hope is that Pillar Press becomes the cornerstone of content creation with WordPress.
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/17424/5-things-i-learned-building-my-first-gutenberg-blocks-plugin



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2018/05/14/5-things-i-learned-building-my-first-gutenberg-blocks-plugin/

No comments:

Post a Comment