Monday 14 May 2018

How to Podcast: One Podcaster’s Gear & Process


I tend to get a lot of questions about my podcast setup, especially lately. Lots of people want to get into podcasting and I love that! I’ve written about my setup before, and last week wrote about everything on my desk. I touched on some of my gear there, but in this post I want to dig into the real setup, and the current process, as well as improvements I’d like to make. Podcast Setup: Gear
First, let’s start with the fun part of the podcast setup – the gear. I’ll write everything here in the order in which the audio (my voice) hits the device, starting with the mic.
Microphone: Rode Procaster
The Rode Procaster: My Dynamic XLR mic. I went with this (and most of my equipment) at the recommendation of my friend Shawn Hesketh, who’s a pro with this stuff. I was between this and the Shure SM7B, which is a bit more expensive. The Rode Procaster, Shawn found, was a bit better for the Voice Over (VO) that both of us tend to do. Since I’m not singing, I’m not really in need of something with a huge range. Not to mention, I can tweak with my preamp, which I’ll get to in a minute.
This mic has a cardoid polar pattern, which means it primarily
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/17422/how-to-podcast-one-podcaster-s-gear-process



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2018/05/14/how-to-podcast-one-podcasters-gear-process/

No comments:

Post a Comment