Tuesday 8 May 2018

Developers & Users, an important symbiotic relationship


Hi, my name is Roy and I am one of the many developers you may see online discussing code. Right now I am writing this article on a CMS (Content Management System) called WordPress. You probably heard of it, it powers give or take 30% of the Internet, and that number keeps on climbing. However, how did it get there? Philosophically, this isn’t the article to discuss that, but we do know it started 15 years ago, by a guy named Matt. Matt decided to take an existing project and create WordPress to make it a better blogging platform. However, how does it go from that to 30% of the Internet? Developers & Users: Symbiosis at its best
When Matt first created WordPress, he may or may not have even had a need. He could have been doing it for fun, or he could have had a business / consulting need that WordPress solved, or maybe he was the one that had the need. When I look at the projects I’ve created on my GitHub I realize many don’t go anywhere. I create them whether it was for fun or I wanted to open source a client project (with their permission). That is to say, they have a purpose to appease me or a client, I put them on GitHub, and they kind of get stagnant and die
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/17409/developers-users-an-important-symbiotic-relationship



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2018/05/08/developers-users-an-important-symbiotic-relationship/

No comments:

Post a Comment