Thursday 27 September 2018

Elliot Condon Interview: The Success Story of ACF


Please explain about the Advanced Custom Fields plugin without using jargon. ACF, or advanced custom fields, is a WordPress plugin that allows you to tailor, customize, and design to your liking any kind of edit page in the back end of WordPress. Primarily it’s for adding different fields to a post, but it’s bigger than that now and you can actually add fields to users, widgets, and other kinds of data objects within WordPress.
Can you share a bit about yourself, like how it got started, how you came up with it?
My story of developing ACF has got pretty humble roots in that I built ACF because I simply needed it for the work I was doing at the time, which, back then, I was doing freelance work, freelance web design, web development. We were using WordPress, or I was using WordPress at the time, which I found out about through the client that I was working for. They already had a WordPress website, and I was gonna do some updates for them. They’d designed, or they’d had designed, this new section of their website that I think it listed out in tiles quite a few different products that they had, but they weren’t using an eCommerce plugin at the time. I don’t
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/17916/elliot-condon-interview-the-success-story-of-acf



source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2018/09/27/elliot-condon-interview-the-success-story-of-acf/

No comments:

Post a Comment