Tuesday 24 January 2017

Interview with Maura Teal, WP Dev at FanSided


You can find Maura on LinkedIn or Twitter. This is our recent interview with her, as part of our Kinsta Kingpin series. Q1: What is your background, & how did you first get involved with WordPress?
My parents were both software engineers for a major bank, so I always had access to a computer and the internet while I was growing up. I built a few websites and wrote a little bit of code, but for the most part I thought that I wanted to be a graphic designer. It wasn’t until I was in college that I discovered WordPress and realized that my career path was writing code, not graphic design.
Today, I’m a web developer at FanSided, a Time Inc owned web property (and WordPress Multisite network of 360+ sites) that serves over a million users daily. I’ve also been involved in the last few WordCamp Phoenix events as an organizer.
Q2: What should readers know about all the stuff you’re doing in WordPress these days?
We’ve got a fun and unique challenge at FanSided, building writing tools for over 1800 contributors on the network while also considering what new technology we can take advantage of to continually improve the reader’s experience on the front-end
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/14267/interview-with-maura-teal-wp-dev-at-fansided




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/01/24/interview-with-maura-teal-wp-dev-at-fansided/

No comments:

Post a Comment