Friday 27 January 2017

Sharing Our Programming Problems (Is It Lipstick on a Pig?)


I was recently reading another programmer’s blog post on Coding skills you won’t learn in school in which he was specifically talking about Object Ownership. The topic of the blog post is good in and of itself, and if you’re into lower-level programming, such as C, and data structures, like trees, then it’s worth a read. But just as I was closing the tab, I came across the following paragraph at the bottom of his post:
Broken software, bad job offers: I”m sharing my mistakes so you can avoid them.
In short, it’s an invitation to join his mailing list (which is fine), but what really caught my eye was his call to action:
I’m sharing my mistakes.
For anyone who writes on the web – myself included – I think a lot of us do share our mistakes, but I couldn’t help but think about the way we go about doing it.
And it now has me re-thinking the approach to some of the posts that I’ve written and that I’ve yet to write.
Framing My Programming Problems
If there’s one thing that can be said about our industry, it’s that developers are opinionated. I don’t care what segment of the industry you’re in,
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/14290/sharing-our-programming-problems-is-it-lipstick-on-a-pig




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/01/27/sharing-our-programming-problems-is-it-lipstick-on-a-pig/

No comments:

Post a Comment