Saturday 29 July 2017

Interview with Julio Potier of SecuPress Plugin


Julio Potier is the developer behind SecuPress, the WordPress plugin that makes it possible to easily secure your WordPress websites and blogs. Julio is based in France and is very active in the WordPress security scene. He is also a security consultant and teaches developers to write more secure code through his lecture and audits . Julio has contributed to WordPress core and was one of the co-founders of WP Media, the company behind the popular caching plugin WP Rocket. In this interview Julio talks a bit about how he got started with WordPress, the REST API and its security issues, and he also explains why he developed SecuPress when there are already a few WordPress security plugins available on the market.
What got you interested in security?
Back in 2000, I created my first static HTML website and 2 years later in 2002, I developed my first PHP/SQL website. It was full of security issues. A friend showed me how to exploit and fix vulnerabilities. It was the “aha!” moment for me.
What got you interested / hooked on WordPress?
Back in 2009 my first daughter was born and I wanted to create a gallery website to post three photos a day to share with our distant family members.
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/15743/interview-with-julio-potier-of-secupress-plugin




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/07/29/interview-with-julio-potier-of-secupress-plugin/

No comments:

Post a Comment