Monday 17 July 2017

Software and SaaS – why do people buy products?


If you’re a programmer building software, or a SaaS (Software as a Service), this post should help you answer the question: “What would make someone buy my app?” This is the story of why I bought software from a guy named Peter.
(Note: if you like this post, you’ll probably like my book.)
Imagine the following scenes in my customer journey:
Scene 1: “f*ck it, we’ll do it live!”
Over the past few years, I’ve been developing a WordPress theme called Brutal. It’s a simple site design based on the brutalist aesthetic.
Initially, I made all my theme changes inside WordPress. It’s not a client project, so I wasn’t too worried about making changes on my live site. I’d just log in to WordPress admin, edit my theme, and click “update.”
Eventually, I started making mistakes. I’d change some code, screw something up, and have no way of reverting to a previous version.
I needed some version control. So I created a git repository and hosted it on GitHub.
My new process looked like this:
Open the theme files locally in Atom, my text editor.
Make my changes.
Push the changes up to GitHub.
Transfer my files to
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/15666/software-and-saas-why-do-people-buy-products




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/07/17/software-and-saas-why-do-people-buy-products/

No comments:

Post a Comment