Tuesday 25 July 2017

Reduce Your WordPress Resource Usage By Hiding Your RSS Feed Link


Reduce Your WordPress Resource Usage By Hiding Your RSS Feed Link In my previous post How to Change Your Default RSS Path in WordPress Without Touching Code, I explained how I was able to move my default RSS Feed on WordPress. But I didn’t explain my reasons for doing so.
Many web hosts will limit the number of executions that can be performed against your account. An execution is counted whenever the server needs to execute a script file. In the case of WordPress users, this means PHP. Every page delivered on WordPress counts as an execution. Regular HTML files and images do not.
If your WordPress web host limits by executions and you need to get your numbers down, read on.
Feedburner manages my RSS Feed and they have for years. So the only purpose of the /feed/ path on my site was to redirect requests to my FeedBurner feed. Because this redirect happens in WordPress, a PHP file handles the task and it counts as an execution.
Caching can help, but it doesn’t help you completely in cases where a single resource gets hammered with requests. My support rep at SiteGround explained it to me like this:
…this means that the feed is cached as much as possible right now,
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/15711/reduce-your-wordpress-resource-usage-by-hiding-your-rss-feed-link




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/07/25/reduce-your-wordpress-resource-usage-by-hiding-your-rss-feed-link/

No comments:

Post a Comment