Monday 24 July 2017

Interview with Ryan Sullivan of WP Site Care


You can find Ryan on LinkedIn or Twitter. This is our recent interview with him, as part of our Kinsta Kingpin series. Q1: What is your background, & how did you first get involved with WordPress?
Before WordPress, I worked as a System Administrator for a health care network. It was a Microsoft world *shudder* in a big corporation and while I didn’t hate what I did for work, I didn’t particularly love it either and started playing with some open source software in my spare time.
A friend asked me to build him a website and I stumbled onto WordPress. I knew enough PHP to be dangerous and was really familiar with server stacks, so I put something together that he was really happy with.
That little project turned into many, and then I started to notice a pattern. The same people who I built websites for kept coming back and asking for help over and over again, and their requests were all pretty similar.
I figured there may be a business opportunity if I could establish a baseline set of services and charge a monthly fee, and sure enough, it worked! About a year after putting up a website for WordPress support services, I left my job and started working on WP Site Care full
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/15705/interview-with-ryan-sullivan-of-wp-site-care




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/07/24/interview-with-ryan-sullivan-of-wp-site-care/

No comments:

Post a Comment