Thursday 13 July 2017

Craft CMS | Self-Hosted WordPress Alternatives Part 1


I’ve been developing with WordPress for quite some time now (almost 7 years), which is practically an eternity in the world of technology and software development. Realizing I’ve spent all this time with just WordPress has got me wondering what some of the other CMS platforms look like today. Some of the frameworks that were available when I first started working with WordPress have matured a lot, and there are some new players on the field that are definitely worth a look. In this series, I’ll be taking a look at some of these platforms and comparing them in several aspects to WordPress.
Since I’m looking at this from a development perspective, I’ll be focusing on the self-hosted options, which means that I’ll be leaving out some of the more popular rivals to WordPress like Wix, SquareSpace, and Medium.
To kick this off, I’ll be taking a look at Craft CMS by Pixel & Tonic, a software development team that was behind some of the best add-ons for ExpressionEngine. They have since moved on from ExpressionEngine to create their own CMS that is built on the popular Yii framework.
Craft bills itself as “a content-first CMS that aims to
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/15469/craft-cms-self-hosted-wordpress-alternatives-part-1




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/07/13/craft-cms-self-hosted-wordpress-alternatives-part-1/

No comments:

Post a Comment