Tuesday 25 April 2017

CSS Grid—The Future of Web Design is Already Here


Last year I had the chance to attend to SmashingConf Barcelona, a web design-centered conference. As I already mentioned in my previous post about the conference, I was surprised by the outstanding quality of both the staging and the talks. The talk I like the most was Jen Simons‘, who presented some cool stuff that we’ll soon see (or should I say “we’re currently seeing”) in web development. Jen introduced us features like image cropping, dropping initial letters, cover sheets, multi-column layouts… I you want to know better how these (and other) demos work, check out her 2016 list, paying special attention to their source code.
The feature that I loved the most was CSS Grid. At that time, CSS Grid was still under development and no browser supported it by default. However, Jen told the audience that “by next summer [this summer], all major browsers will already support CSS Grids, so you’d better learn how to use it” and, well, she was completely right. So, I think it’s past time we talk about this amazing feature and how you can use it in your own developments.
There’s no “CSS Grid” without “Grid”
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/14954/css-grid-the-future-of-web-design-is-already-here




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/04/25/css-grid-the-future-of-web-design-is-already-here/

No comments:

Post a Comment