Wednesday 19 April 2017

My Lessons from Building a WordPress SaaS Product


A year and a half ago when I started thinking about what my next side project would be, I couldn’t have imagined the success that it would have. While it may seem small to some people, getting anybody to believe enough in your product to give you money for it is a huge accomplishment that you should be proud of. It’s not easy, though. It takes dedication, hard work, and some luck to get your first customer. As Lau Tzu said: “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step“.
Identify the Problem
Before you can build a business, you need a product. Before you build a product, you need a problem. Finding a problem that needs to be solved might be the hardest part of your journey, so take your time with it. Have you ever thought:
“I wish there was <thing> for <problem>”?
If you have, other people likely have too. This is a good place to start exploring your product ideas.
One thing that I’ve learned through my many failed products is that if you want to be successful, it helps a lot if you are solving a problem that you yourself have. Back when I was still a freelance WordPress developer I often ran into the problem of updating
Source: https://managewp.org/articles/14906/my-lessons-from-building-a-wordpress-saas-product




source https://williechiu40.wordpress.com/2017/04/19/my-lessons-from-building-a-wordpress-saas-product/

No comments:

Post a Comment